- Christian Bale cites the mannerisms of Tom Cruise as his inspiration for Patrick Bateman in American Psycho
- Hunter S. Thompson almost killed Bill Murray by tying him to a chair and throwing him into a pool. They were arguing about who could “out Houdini” whom
- McDonalds doesn’t typically sell hot dogs because, according to founder Ray Kroc, “there’s no telling what’s inside a hot dog’s skin, and our standard of quality just wouldn’t permit that kind of item.”
- A team of Danish comedians went to North Korea to mock them, using the cover of being Danish a culture exchange group and they got away with it and made a movie.
- Timothy Leary, upon his arrival at prison in 1971, was given a battery of psychological tests designed to aid in placing inmates in jobs that were best suited to them. Leary himself had designed a few of them and used that knowledge to get a gardening assignment. He escaped shortly after.
- When a homeless New Yorker dies and can’t be identified, he or she is buried using prison labor in an unmarked grave on an island filled with such mass graves.
- Cows never existed in the wild and were domesticated from wild ox some 10,500 years ago