- An 11 year old boy was elected mayor of Crabb, Texas on the platform that he would work to incorporate the town even though it meant he would lose his seat. He was quoted as saying that “the mayor isn’t there to sit and worry about keeping his job. He’s there to do what’s best for the people.”
- An American Airlines flight from LA to NYC made an unscheduled stop in Kansas City to offload a passenger who wouldn’t stop singing “I Will Always Love You.”
- There was a bear who was adopted by Polish soldiers during WW2. It carried ammunition, wrestled with soldiers and drank beer.
- Elephants rape and kill rhinos. There have been at least 63 confirmed instances in Pilanesberg Park alone.
- The handshake is thought to have originated as a symbol of peace by demonstrating that neither “shaker” had a weapon in their hand.
Appealing (Android) App