Splendid space shot
Articulate (Reddit) article
- A man named Albert Lexie has shined shoes at the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh for 36 years. He donates everything over $5 per shine to the hospital. He has contributed over $200k during his time there.
- Ladybugs (ladybirds), named after the Virgin Mary, are extremely promiscuous. As a result, they have the highest rate of STDs among insects.
- A man lost about 50%-75% of his brain to hydrocephalus (water on the brian) but still led a normal life. They believe the fluid filled so slowly over his life that the brain remapped itself to function despite the loss of mass.
- There is a 600 year old 240 paged book called the Voynich Manuscript, thats written language is still completely unknown today
- An American raised an army of 60 men and successfully lead a conquest of Nicaragua and made himself president.
- If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.