- The little plastic thing at the end of data cables is called a Ferrite Bead, and it is used to block interference from radio signals from other electronics.
- US Air Force researched a “Gay Bomb”: A non-lethal bomb containing really strong pheromones that will make the enemy forces attracted to each other. It won the 2007 Ig Nobel Prize.
- The old McDonald’s coffee spoon was discontinued because it was used widely for drug measurement and intranasal delivery.
- In Japanese myth there’s a creature called the Ashiaraiyashiki. It is a giant, unwashed foot that appears before you and demands to be washed. If you don’t wash it, it will rampage through your house.
- When she was the First Lady, Barbara Bush called the Simpsons “the dumbest thing I had ever seen”. She received letter from Marge Simpson which moved her so much, she wrote back apologizing.
- During Prohibition in the United States, Winston Churchill referred publicly to the Constitutional amendment banning alcohol as “an affront to the whole history of mankind.”