- In 2006, The FBI planted an informant in a South California mosque who pretended to be a radical muslim, and the muslims in the mosque reported him to the FBI.
- If a Bald Eagle loses a feather, it will lose the same feather on the other side to remain balanced.
- The largest known star (per wikipedia) UY Scuti is 5 billion times the size of the Sun. It would take 2.2 hours to cross its diameter at the speed of light.
- The mysterious 120-ton boulder walls of an ancient fortress in Sacsayhuaman, Peru have survived thousands of years, including earthquakes, in part because they are “fit together with such precision you can’t fit a piece of paper between them”.
- In 2000, a new food “invented” by Kim Jong-il called “Gogigyeopbbang” was introduced to North Koreans. It was described as “double bread with meat”, but took on the uncanny appearance of a conventional hamburger.
Joe invited his mother over for dinner one night. During the course of said dinner his mother couldn’t help but notice the staggering beauty of Joe’s roommate. She had been long suspicious of a relationship between them, and her beauty combined with the banter she had seen them share only made her all the more curious.
Joe noticed his mother’s suspicion. “I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you that Julie and I are just roommates.”
A week later, Julie came to Joe and said, “Ever since your mother came to dinner, I can’t seem to find the gravy ladle. You don’t suppose she took it on accident, do you?”
Joe agreed that it was a reasonable possibility, and wrote a letter to his mother inquiring about the ladle. It read, “I’m not saying you ‘did’ take the ladle, nor am I saying you ‘did not’ take the ladle,’ but the fact is it’s been missing since you came to dinner last week.”
Several weeks later, a reply came.
“I’m not saying you ‘do’ sleep with Julie, nor am I saying you ‘do not’ sleep with Julie. The fact is if she was sleeping in her own bed, she would have found the ladle by now.”