Splendid space shot
- The Dominican Republic offered to take 100,000 Jews in 1938, only 645 made it, and each one was given 80 acres of land, 10 cows, a mule, and a horse.
- Volvo, the inventor of the three point seat belt, shared the patent to protect the safety of drivers
- Robert E. Lee had diarrhea at the Battle of Gettysburg and many believe that may have contributed to some of his poor decisions
- The largest stadium in the world, Rŭngnado May First Stadium, is located in Pyongyang, North Korea. In the late 90’s it was used as a venue to publicly burn several army generals that were implicated in an assassination attempt on Kim Jong-Il.
- Vultures help to prevent the spread of harmful diseases, such as anthrax and cholera, as their powerful stomach acid allows them to eat and digest infected carcasses.
- Most of the Middle East’s borders were drawn up by a pair of English and French aristocrats in 1916.
Sick site, yo!