Year 2013 in Illustration
During feeding, the sun bear, also known as honey bear, can extend its exceptionally long tongue 20–25 cm (7.9–9.8 in) to extract insects and honey.
Splendid space shot
Mars – Taken with antique 1860 10” telescope.
- The Dominican Republic offered to take 100,000 Jews in 1938, only 645 made it, and each one was given 80 acres of land, 10 cows, a mule, and a horse.
- Volvo, the inventor of the three point seat belt, shared the patent to protect the safety of drivers
- Robert E. Lee had diarrhea at the Battle of Gettysburg and many believe that may have contributed to some of his poor decisions
- The largest stadium in the world, Rŭngnado May First Stadium, is located in Pyongyang, North Korea. In the late 90’s it was used as a venue to publicly burn several army generals that were implicated in an assassination attempt on Kim Jong-Il.
- Vultures help to prevent the spread of harmful diseases, such as anthrax and cholera, as their powerful stomach acid allows them to eat and digest infected carcasses.
- Most of the Middle East’s borders were drawn up by a pair of English and French aristocrats in 1916.
Sick site, yo!
List of educational web sites in one simple image. Go and learn something new!🙂