- After racking up a $40 late fee on a VHS copy of Apollo 13, Reed Hastings was inspired to start Netflix
- Dark Horse Brewery turned down Nickelback endorsement deal because the workers hated the band.
- In 1999 a fisherman found a love letter in a bottle from a soldier in WWI. He returned said letter to the now deceased widows 86 year old daughter.
- Guinness World Records had to ban a certain type of paper aircraft after this guy flew it for thirty minutes straight
- American Sign Language is most closely related to French Sign Language because a British institution was unwilling to share their methods.
- Mona Lisa was painted with eyebrows and eyelashes, but they disappeared over time, possibly the result of over-cleaning.