- the United States Navy shot down an Iranian Airbus A300 after it was incorrectly identified as an attacking F-14 Tomcat fighter. The entire 290 civilian passengers and crew onboard were killed.
- ice cubes found at the Chinese KFC chain were 12 times dirtier than toilet water-and 19 times the national bacteria level standard
- During WW2, Winston Churchill temporarily ceded sovereignty of suite 212 of Cartridge’s Hotel to Yugoslavia, so Prince Alexander could be born in Yugoslavian territory
- The Japanese pilot who attacked a town in Oregon during WW2 returned years later to present his family’s 400 year old sword in apology
- the real Illuminati, founded in the late 1700s, were formed to oppose “superstition [and] prejudice,” and supported “women’s education and gender equality”
- Elijah Wood was 18 when he started filming as Frodo
A blonde, wanting to earn some money, decided to hire herself out as a handyman and started canvassing a wealthy neighborhood. She went to the front door of the first house and asked the owner if he had any jobs for her to do. “Well, you can paint my porch. How much will you charge?” The blonde said, “How about 50 dollars?” The man agreed and told her the paint and other materials that she might need were in the garage. The man’s wife, inside the house, heard the conversation and said to her husband, “Does she realize that the porch goes all the way around the house?” The man replied, “She should; she was standing on it.” A short time later, the blonde came to the door to collect her money. “You’re finished already?” he asked. “Yes,” the blonde answered, “and I had paint left over, so I gave it two coats. ” Impressed, the man reached in his pocket for the $50. “And by the way,” the blonde added, “it’s not a Porch, it’s a Ferrari.”