- All GPS units sold in the civilian market have to be programmed to deactivate themselves if they detect they are traveling faster than 1200 MPH or are above 60,000 feet in altitude to prevent them being used in intercontinental ballistic missiles.
- Bayer sold HIV and Hepatitis C contaminated blood products which caused up to 10,000 people in the U.S. alone to contract HIV. After they found out the drug was contaminated, they pulled it off the U.S. market and sold it to countries in Asia and Latin America so they could still make money.
- Planet Aid takes your clothing donations and sells them directly to overseas companies. They do not donate any items for free.
- William Sokolin paid $519,750.00 for a bottle of 1787 vintage wine which supposedly had been owned by Thomas Jefferson, then later accidentally knocked it over, breaking it and spilling the precious contents on the floor.
- In a small town in California, a dog ran for mayor and won.
- Only one (confirmed) person in history has been hit by a meteorite.
- Plot of the pilot episode of the show “The Lone Gunmen”, a spinoff of the X-Files, featured 3 conspiracy theorists thwarting a secret government plot to fly a plane into the World Trade Center and blame it on foreign interests in order to boost defense spending, it aired march 2001.
- The oldest known joke in history is an ancient Sumerian joke about a woman farting in her husband’s company.
- There are completely Black Chickens that have black plumage, black legs and nails, black beak and tongue, black comb and wattles, black meat and bones and even dark organs.
- McDonald’s Calorie Counters Do Not Cause Consumers to Make Healthier Meal Choices
Wicked Wikipedia article
- The Inca Empire lasted less than 100 years
- During the Second World War, the U.S. Army discovered that colorblind soldiers could distinguish camouflaged targets better than their counterparts with color vision could.
- Gold, copper, cesium and osmium are only elemental metals that have natural color other than silver or gray.
- The Hardest RPG of All Time
- In one of Argentina’s 23 provinces Welsh is recognized as an official language besides Spanish
Articulate (Reddit) article
- If a Red Supergiant and brown dwarf collided, would it refuel the dying star?
- What specifically did we learn from the moon landing?
- Can we accurately know the color of dinosaurs skins?
- I always see representations of the solar system with the planets existing on the same plane. If that is the case, what is “above” and “below” our solar system?
- Can every atom exist in all three states? (Gas,liquid,solid)
- Why is Obama always referred to as black? Surely you would be equally as accurate in calling him white… or am i missing something?
- ELI5:Are there modern day artists like Da Vinci or Michaelangelo who are masters in many different art forms? And if not, why?
- ELI5: how come undercover police operations (particularly those where police pretend to be sex workers) don’t count as entrapment?
- ELI5: How do gas pumps know when your tank is full?
- ELI5: How to deaf people dial 911 in an emergency and speak to police? Can you text 911?