- The smallest park in the world is a two-foot circle in Portland, Oregon.
- The top sales at Wal-Mart as a storm approaches are Pop-Tarts and beer.
- Almost all all the commercially raised turkeys in the U.S. are the product of artificial insemination. Selective breeding has left male turkeys with such large breasts that they are unable to have sex.
- The producer recording “Sweet Child O’ Mine” with Guns n’ Roses suggested there be a breakdown at the end of the song. The band had no idea where to take the song, resulting in the iconic repetition of “Where do we go now?”
- The actress who played Joanna in “Love Actually” sang so well that they had to edit it to make it seem ‘believable’.
- Thankgiving and Hanukkah, which overlap this year, will not coincide again until the year 79811.
- Mikhail Kalishnikov, inventor of the AK-47, greatly regretted having invented the weapon, and is quoted as saying “I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work – for example a lawnmower.”
- In 986, Vladimir the Great, audited the major religions before choosing one to unify Russia. Apparently he decided against adopting the Muslim faith because “Drinking is the joy of the Rus’, we can’t go without it”.
- The reason why we hate the recorded sound of our voice is because our skull changes the resonance of our voice from within and creates more bass. When we hear a digital recording of our voice, although slightly unfamiliar to ourselves, it’s exactly how other people hear it.
- A horse’s field of vision is nearly 360 degrees with only a small blind spot directly behind them.