Splendid space shot
Articulate (Reddit) article
- Sony and Microsoft are only making a profit of $14 and $28 on each next-gen console sold.
- During WWII, the Japanese invaded Alaska, and more Americans were killed or wounded defending Alaska than at Pearl Harbor.
- A cat named Tama is a manager at a railway station in Japan, a job which pays her in cat food. During her tenure ridership has increased 10%, leading her to be promoted to super-station manager in 2008.
- It’s a bad idea to use a banana for scale when taking pictures of a beehive, since the alarm pheromone to alert bees to defend their hive smells like bananas
- To prevent the Germans from guessing that Enigma had been cracked, the British claimed to be using an infrared camera to locate U-boats. They were delighted to learn that the Germans responded by developing a special paint for submarines.
- People who go to bed late are likely to be more intelligent than those who go to bed early
- It’s estimated that within 50 years the hull and structure of the Titanic will collapse entirely due to a growth in iron-eating bacteria.
- The Greek mathematician Pythagoras created his own cult which forbid the consuming or touching beans, and according to legend died when being chased by assassins and refusing to escape through a bean field.
- Payphones on every Toronto subway platform have a “Crisis link” button that connects them with a crisis line, in case they are contemplating suicide.
- A city in England got rid of all it’s traffic lights and said that “Drivers will now be expected to use a combination of common sense and courtesy to negotiate the junction of the town’s High Street”
Sick site, yo