- Mike Myers was sued by Universal Pictures for $3.8 million for backing out of a contract for a feature film. Myers said he refused to honour the $20 million contract because he did not want to cheat moviegoers with his poorly written script.
- Audio experts could not tell the difference between $100 Monster speaker cables and cables made from soldering together old coat hangers.
- French named one of their aircraft carriers after Ferdinand Foch, a man who said, “Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value”.
- Eric Cartman of South Park has committed 42 crimes, including Murder, Cannabilism, Unlicensed Surgery and Terrorism
- It’s illegal to run out of fuel on the autobahn in Germany, due to it being viewed as an avoidable occurrence.
- Iraq and Afghanistan have universal health care provided by funding from the US.
- IKEA Let Loose a Herd of 100 Cats Into Store to “See What Happens”
- There is a legend that flexible glass was invented around 20AD, when a craftsman presented Tiberius Caesar a bowl of this glass, whereupon he threw it to the ground and it did not shatter. Fearing the implications of such a material, the Caesar had the man beheaded, the formula now lost forever.
- Bumblebee Bats are bats that weigh less than a penny and have a wingspan of 6.7 inches on average.
- There’s a plant in Australia that can kill you if you touch it!