- There is a mysterious dwarf planet between Mars and Jupiter called ‘Ceres’ which has never been visited by spacecraft or photographed in detail, however, Earth-bound telescopes reveal a large bright shining spot on the surface of this planet, the origin and nature of which are unknown.
- Doug’s neighbors on the 90’s cartoon Doug were named Mr. and Mrs. Dink because “DINK” means Double Income No Kids.
- During World War 2 the Japanese government had a national policy to receive Jewish refugees. Even Hideki Tojo rejected Nazi protests to this policy.
- Hugo Jaeger, one of Hitler’s personal photographers, took thousands of photographs, regularly in color film, during his time with the Fuhrer. He buried the photographs near Munich and didn’t show them to anyone until 1965, when he sold them to Life Magazine. In 2009 they were published.
- In some countries (such as Zimbabwe) it is commonly believed that sex with an albinistic woman cures HIV. This has led to rapes and subsequent spread of HIV.
- Immediately after the founding of Israel on May 14, 1948, before their defense force was even founded, five Arab nations (Egypt, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, and Jordan) declared war on it
- Jeffrey Dahmer’s last victim, who narrowly escaped and led police to his house of horrors, was charged with murder himself twenty years later.
- There is no such thing as a 24 hour flu, you have been the lucky recipient of food poisoning.
- A certain species of jellyfish has been deemed “immortal” by scientists who have observed its ability to, when in crisis, revert its cells to their earliest form and grow anew.
- The mouth of the Chesapeake Bay is the site of a 35-million year old impact crater and that shaped the bay
A man was walking in Central Park NYC…
Suddenly he sees a little girl being attacked by a pit bull dog . He runs over and starts fighting with the dog. He succeeds in killing the dog and saving the girl’s life. A policeman who was watching the scene walks over and says, “You are a hero, tomorrow you can read it in all the newspapers: “Brave New Yorker saves the life of little girl”.
The man says, “But I am not a New Yorker!”
“Oh ,then it will say in newspapers tomorrow morning: ‘Brave American saves life of little girl'” the policeman replied.
“But I am not even an American!” Says the man.
“Oh, what are you then?” The policeman asks.
The man replies, “I am a Saudi!”
The next day the newspapers says: “Islamic extremist kills innocent American dog.”