Splendid space shot
- Although they are unable to produce chlorophyll Albino Redwood trees can survive, this is because the albino trees are able fuse their roots with the roots of other Redwood and live as parasites, there are only 61 known examples of this.
- Sir Patrick Stewart at first disapproved of Galaxy Quest, because it made fun of Star Trek; until Jonathan Frakes “Riker” convinced Stewart to see it, after which Stewart described the movie as “Brilliant… No one laughed louder or longer in the cinema than I did.”
- In 1524, a statue of the Virgin Mary was found guilty of being a witch and burned.
- All humans have the ability to see ultraviolet light, but it is passively filtered out by the eye’s lens. People who undergo surgery to remove the lens can detect ultraviolet light.
- The Glasgow City Council named Scrooge McDuck on a list of famous Glaswegians
- The Intense World Theory suggests that Autistic people do not lack empathy/emotion. They shutdown because they are overloaded by emotions due to hypersensitivity and are not able to express empathy/emotion like other people because of that. Essentially, Autistic people feel too much.
- Pinball was banned in NYC as a gambling device until 1976, when Roger Sharpe testified by playing pinball in the courtroom while calling out precisely what he was going to shoot for and scoring – showing that it’s a game of skill and not chance.
- There is a scientific term for a person’s tendency to modify their behavior when they know they’re being observed. It’s referred to as the Hawthorne effect.
- Two of the moons in our solar system (Ganymede & Titan) are actually larger than the planet Mercury.
- The first product SONY came out with was a rice cooker