- The day after Spetember 11th, the British Field Band played the American National Anthem out of respect during the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace
- On several occasions, Harrison Ford has personally provided emergency helicopter services at the behest of local authorities, in one instance rescuing a hiker overcome by dehydration in Jackson, Wyoming
- Elephants understand teamwork and can complete exercises faster than the humans that designed them. They also did it using techniques the humans hadn’t even considered.
- A man spent 7 years drawing an incredibly intricate maze
- Hours after the JFK Assassination, newly sworn in Lyndon Johnson was almost shot and killed by a Secret Service agent.
- We frequently abbreviate Christmas as X-mas because of ancient tradition. X is the Greek letter “chi” which is an abbreviation for the word “Christ” in Greek.
- Saturn’s moon Enceladus has gysers that shoot large jets of water vapor into space and according to NASA “is emerging as the most habitable spot beyond Earth in the Solar System for life as we know it.”
- Flight Attendants are not paid their full salary until the plane door is closed. Unitl then they are paid $1.50 an hour.
- Buffalo Hump wasn’t the Comanche war chief’s real name. Americans refused to call him by his actual name which actually meant something along the lines of “erection that won’t go down.”
- In the 2011 UK census “Jedi” was the 7th most popular religion, after Buddhism.