Splendid space shot
- if Earth’s history were condensed into 24 hrs, life would’ve appeared at around 4am, land plants at 10:24pm, dinosaur extinction at 11:41pm, and human history would’ve began at 11:58:43pm.
- MI6 once hacked an Al-Qaeda website and replaced instructions on how to make a bomb with a cupcake recipe.
- L.A. mobster Johnny Stompanato dated 50s actress Lana Turner, once held Sean Connery at gunpoint on a movie set out of jealousy, was then disarmed and beaten by Connery, and later stabbed to death by Turner’s 14-year-old daughter.
- 4,000 McDonald’s hamburgers are eaten every minute. That’s also the number of burgers they get from one cow.
- that Doctor Who was originally an educational show, with episodes set in the future to teach kids about science, and episodes set in the past to teach them history.
- in 1959, 9 hikers went missing on “Dead Mountain” in Siberia. Their tent was found ripped open from the inside and although the corpses showed no signs of struggle, two victims had fractured skulls, two had broken ribs, and one was missing her tongue. Only their footprints were present.
- while most of Noah Webster’s ‘Americanized’ spellings (such as ‘center’ and ‘color’) caught on, some did not, such as his changing of ‘tongue’ to ‘tung’.
- there are fish that when eaten produce hallucinogenic effects similar to LSD
- the actor who was inside R2-D2 hated the guy who played C-3PO, calling him “the rudest man I’ve ever met.”
- Table Knives are rounded instead of pointed to prevent people from picking their teeth and from stabbing each other
Sick site, yo!