Splendid space shot
- in 2005, a woman performing her first solo skydive jump survived a parachute malfunction which caused her to slam face first into a parking lot at 50 MPH. During surgery doctors discovered she was pregnant. She made a full recovery and the baby was fine.
- “Goblet of Fire” is much longer than the first three books because JK Rowling unintentionally created a giant plot hole and had to spend the rest of the book trying to fix it
- Guillermo del Toro was working with Disney on an adaptation of The Wind in the Willows but left the production team as an executive said: ‘Could you give Toad a skateboard and make him say, ‘radical dude’. Del Toro responded: ‘It’s been a pleasure…’
- in developed countries suicide now takes more lives than war, murder, and natural disasters combined — and the suicide rate worldwide has jumped 60% since WWII, and has jumped 30% in the US in the last decade alone
- there are actually seven different types of twins: Identical, Fraternal, Mirror-Image, Polar Body (Half Identical), Mixed Chromosome, Superfecundation, and Superfetation.
- Russia was once ruled by an impostor who claimed to be Ivan the Terrible’s son. He is now known as “False Dmitry”, and it’s never been certain who he really was.
- Syphilis been called the French disease in Italy, Poland, and Germany and the “Italian disease” in France. The Dutch called it the “Spanish disease”, the Russians called it the “Polish disease”, the Turks called it the “Christian disease” and the Tahitians the “British disease”.
- on August 14th, 2005 the crew of Helios Airways Flight 522 fell unconscious after cabin pressurization failed. The plane flew to its destination on autopilot and assumed a holding pattern there until a flight attendant with a commercial pilot’s license woke up and climbed into the cockpit.
- “there has not been one documented case of any health problem in humans” caused by GMOs
- Andrew Jackson was challenged to a duel by Charles Dickinson who was considered an expert shot. Jackson allowed him to fire first hoping his aim to be spoiled by his quickness. The bullet did miss just shy of Jackson’s heart. Dickinson had to stand there waiting for Jackson to kill him.