- There is a cup of coffee in every scene of the movie Fight Club.
- During World War II in Australia, there was a dog whose hearing was so acute that it could warn airforce personnel of incoming Japanese planes 20 minutes before they arrived, and before they showed up on radar. “Gunner” could also differentiate the sounds of allied and enemy aircraft.
- if you post a funny video to YouTube and it starts to get popular, a producer from America’s Funniest Home Videos might ask you to take down the video and sign over exclusive rights in exchange for a chance at winning $100,000. The creator of “David after Dentist” turned down such an offer.
- French Queen Marie Antoinette had a fully functioning peasant village built on the grounds of Versailles. She loved strolling the village in simple shepherdess garb pretending to live a simple life milking cows or sheep, which were carefully maintained and cleaned by the servants.
- R. Norris Williams survived the Titanic sinking but spent so much time submerged in the icy Atlantic that doctors wanted to amputate his legs on rescue ship Carpathia. He refused the amputation ,recovered and went on to win the U.S. Tennis Championship that very same year.
- In 1998, Serena and Venus Williams said they could beat any man ranked 200 or worse in a game of tennis. Karsten Braasch, ranked 203, accepted the challenge and easily beat them, 6-1, 6-2.
- President Jimmy Carter was lowered into a nuclear reactor during a partial meltdown to disassemble the reactor. He could only stay in the reactor for seconds at a time because of radiation exposure.
- Abraham Lincoln was challenged to a duel and given the choice of weapon, went with broadswords
- Before trees were common, the earth was covered in giant mushrooms.
- An Ethiopian girl was kidnapped and attacked until a pride of lions chased her attackers off and stayed to defend her until help arrived!