- Arthur Ganson built a kinetic sculpture of connected gears called “Machine with Concrete.” The 1st gear turns at 200 rpm and the last gear is stuck in concrete. It can still run because each gear set reduces the turning speed, meaning that the last gear only revolves every 2 trillion years. – [1:00]
- Sir David Attenborough is the only person to have won a BAFTA in black and white, color, HD and 3D.
- F1 cars go so fast with so much downforce, at pace they could drive upside down indefinitely.
- our brains have a negativity bias and will remember bad memories more than good ones
- if all of Canada was one state in the US, it would have 50 electoral votes — fewer than California
- The Dodo bird was actually a giant pigeon. It grew and lost it’s ability to fly due to Island Gigantism.
- Plain Soap is as Good as Antibacterial Soap at Killing Bacteria
- In the Victorian era they had special tea cups that protected your mustache from getting dunked in your tea.
Wicked Wikipedia article
- Brian Zembic – he won the bet but he became accustomed to the breasts and didn’t have them removed.
- List of primate cities
- A false document is a technique employed to create verisimilitude in a work of fiction…
Articulate (Reddit) article
- ELI5: What REALLY happens if you swallow your gum?
- ELI5: With many Americans (at least those on Reddit) unsatisfied with both, the GOP and the Democrats, why is there no third party raising to the top?
- ELI5:If George Washington warned us about the power of parties, how was he imagining the government to work?
- ELI5: Why is it so common for people, while speaking on the telephone, to arbitrarily wander from room to room and about the house?
- How have we not yet been able to program an AI that’s unbeatable at chess?
- How are fireworks made to explode in complicated shapes?
- If a person “lived off the land,” how much land would be required?
- Is there anything special or discerning about “visible light” other then the fact that we can see it?
- Could a tree grow in zero-G? If so what would it look like?