- Encounters at the end of the World   Great doc about the people that work and live in the Antarctic research stations. – [13:59]
- No one knows who invented the fire hydrant, because its patent was burned in a fire3
- Currently there exists a myth in Pakistan that says HIV can be cured by having sex with a virgin, which is contributing to women and girls being raped
- 2% of people who jump off the Golden Gate Bridge survive the fall. One man even jumped off for “fun”.
- 60% of cigarettes in New York are black market cigarettes that are being smuggled into New York illegally.
- The United States has been on the metric system since 1975 through the Metric Conversion Act, declaring that the metric system is “the preferred system of weights and measures for United States trade and commerce”
- Advertisements for films used to be played after the movie – hence the name “trailer”
- A museum in Hebei Provence, China, was shut down earlier this year after the majority of its 40,000 artifacts/antiques were discovered to be fakes
- A gambler named Archie Karas went to Las Vegas with $50, gambled it up to $40 million over the next two years, only to lose it all in three weeks
- Chinese films used to use Chinese actors in “whiteface,” using wigs and nose prosthetics to play Caucasians
- The world’s largest parrot, the Kakapo, is the world’s only flightless parrot. It is nocturnal, herbivorous, and is one of the world’s longest-living birds with an average lifespan of 95 years. It is critically endangered. As of 2012, there were only 126 living individuals known.