- There’s a experimental project in Stockholm, Sweden where you can sign up to recieve a SMS if there is a cardiac arrest nearby (500 m), so you can get there before the ambulance and perform CPR. 9500 people have signed up, and they reach the location faster in 54% of the cases.
- A man earned 4 million airline miles for free without breaking any laws by using his credit card to purchase free-delivery $1 coins from the U.S. mint.
- Nuclear power prevented an average of over 1.8 million deaths between 1971-2009 as a result of lower air pollution from reduced coal usage according to NASA
- In 1953, the City of Niagara Falls bought a plot of land called “Love Canal” for $1 from a chemical company that had used the area as a dump. Despite warnings from the company, a school was built on the land. From 1974–1978, 56% of children in the area were born with birth defects.
- Giant 6ft otters still exist in 3 remote river systems….and they hunt in packs.
- It was a tradition in Ireland that if you donated a pint of blood, they’d give you a pint of Guinness to replace the iron.
- Despite strong intolerance of gays, Pakistan leads in world for gay porn searches
- A woman saved a little boys life giving him CPR after being hit in the chest with a baseball bat. 7 Years later that very same boy saved her from choking to death giving her the heimlich maneuver.
- A German man was locked up in a high-security psychiatric hospital for claiming that a bank was involved with money-laundering, and was released years later when the bank was raided for money-laundering.
- A would-be suicide bomber was killed after a spam text message set off his explosives.
I hate how politically correct the world is today. Instead of saying “Black paint” I now have to say “Jamal please paint”.