- Stolen wages: How low-wage restaurant workers in the US are fighting an uphill battle to be paid what they are owed. (22mins 2013)
- An engine is being developed that could allow aircraft to fly from Europe to Australia in about 4h or even make the airplane reach space
- Sea Otters have the densest fur of any mammal in the world
- There is a flower that literally looks like a set of hooker’s lips and it’s actually called “Hooker’s Lips”
- The Spartans used cumbersome, impractical iron sticks as currency “so as to discourage the pursuit of wealth”
- Giant 6ft otters still exist in 3 remote river systems….and they hunt in packs.
- Most scholars accept the story of Dhul-Qarnayn in the Quran is a reference to Alexander the Great
- Ancient Egyptians used meteorites as jewelry
- In 1953, after co-discovering the structure for DNA, Francis Crick stormed into The Eagle pub – interrupting people’s lunch – to announce they’d “discovered the secret of life.” The pub serves ‘Eagle’s DNA’ beer to this day.