- Average NFL game actually has less than 11 minutes of actual play.
- Black children adopted by white parents have average IQ scores 13.5 points higher than black children adopted by black parents
- In the late 19th century in Great Britain, attempted suicide was deemed to be equivalent to attempted murder and could be punished by hanging.
- The Walton family of Walmart own more wealth than the combined bottom 40 percent of America
- An overweight and middle-aged woman overpowered and killed, with her bare hands, a hitman her husband had hired to kill her.
- Mel Brooks was nominated for a Kennedy Center Award by President Bush. He refused the award, saying “Well, I’m going to wait for another president, if I’m still alive, if you don’t mind.”
- Schizophrenics are much less likely to recognize the sound of their own voice.
- A family of Turkish villagers naturally walk with a bear crawl and are the sole specimens of natural Quadrupedalism in humans
Wicked Wikipedia article
- Number of guns per capita by country
- List of humorous units of measurement. “The beard-second is defined as the length an average beard grows in one second.”
- Midgley had more impact on the atmosphere than any other single organism in Earth’s history.
Articulate (Reddit) article
- There is life deep underwater. Is there life deep underground?
- Why are white surfaces not mirrors?
- How does something as large as a city affect the crust/mantle below it? Could a city become so large and heavy that it would collapse or compress the earth underneath?
- ELI5: Why can’t the whole world switch to one currency?
- If a pipe was pushed through the earth from one end to the other and I jumped in it, would I stop mid-way and…float?