- After WWII an American officer wrote a letter to his son on Hitler’s personal stationery.
- The bolt that holds the rotor onto the body of a Huey Helicopter is called the Jesus nut because if it fails the helicopter would detach from the rotors and the only thing left for the crew to do would be to pray to Jesus as they fell from the sky.
- The Land Before Time was produced by George Lucas and Steven Spielberg.
- In Paris in 2010 an 18 month old infant fell from a 6th story window, bounced off the awning of a cafe below, and was then caught, unharmed, by a doctor who happened to be walking by.
- In the ’80s, a Welsh farmer grew so fed up with RAF flying so low over his house that he painted “Piss Off Biggles” in giant letters on the roof of his barn. This prompted the RAF to use the barn as a navigational landmark although flying higher to respect his wishes.
- When legendary African King Shaka Zulu’s mother died, He ordered no crops could be planted for the year, Pregnant women were to be killed, no milk was to be drank, and then slaughtered 7000 people who were insufficiently grief stricken.
- Hoeryong concentration camp in North Korea currently holds 50,000 men women and children who suffer a level of slavery, torture and experimentation comparable with the holocaust.
- In 2003 a Boeing 727 was stolen from an Airport in Angola, Despite a worldwide search it still has not been found.
- The actor who played Jesus in The Passion of the Christ was struck by lightning on set
- Simon Pegg, Tom Hardy, Michael Fassbender, and Colin Hanks all starred in Band Of Brothers as background soldiers before they became stars
- A man injected himself with snake venom during most of his adult life to build up an immunity to a array of venomous snakes. He lived to age 100, and survived a reported 172 snake bites. He donated his blood to be used in treating snake-bite victims when a suitable anti-venom was not available.
- China tried to build a city that was a replica of Paris, right down to the replica Eiffel Tower, but it’s now a ghost town