- a man graduated from Columbia after performing his janitorial duties at the school full-time for 12 years.
- murderers in medieval Ireland were given to the deceased’s family as slaves if they fail to pay a hefty fine to buy their freedom. The family could then legally kill the murderer themselves.
- there are giant concrete arrows dotted across America leftover from the days of the first airmail routes. Pilots used them to navigate.
- In the fifth season of South Park, they were going to kill off the character of Kyle in the episode “Kenny Dies”. They thought the characters Stan and Kyle were too similar, and wanted to “genuinely shock the fans.”
- many stereotypic movements in zoo animals, such as pacing, are caused by lack of stimuli, i.e. boredom
- the Macrocilix maia moth confuses predators with wing patterns that mimic two flies eating bird shit. It even releases a pungent odor to drive home the deception.
- Switzerland, Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark and the United Kingdom all give out free heroin to addicts who didn’t respond well to other treatments.
- the worlds oldest observatory is 7,000 years old, predates the invention of the wheel, is larger than Stonehenge and we have no idea who built it or why they chose to apparently murder people there