- in Auschwitz, an SS guard fell in love with a Jewish prisoner. He saved her life multiple times and in return, she testified on his behalf during his post-war trial.
- Paris Hilton cost her family billions ($4.3 billion to be exact) because her grandfather decided to donate most of their money to charity because he was embarrassed at what she had done to the family name.
- to treat bladder cancer, doctors inject cow tuberculosis bacteria up your urethra. The subsequent immune reaction destroys cancer cells, and the treatment has been shown to be more effective than chemotherapy.
- Italy has more active Aircraft Carriers than any other country except the US. It has two.
- blue rasberry was created by ice pop companies because the original raspberry coloring was banned by the FDA
- Italian singer Adriano Celentano released a song in the 70’s with nonsense lyrics meant to sound like American English, to prove Italians would like any English song. It was a hit.
- Scientology has its own prison, named “The Hole”, where Scientology executives are sent for months or even years of confinement, manual labour and humiliation.
- Every year tourists throw approximately 1.1 million Euro into the Trevi Fountain in Rome.
Wicked Wikipedia article
- List of musical works in unusual time signatures
- Narcissistic rage is a reaction to narcissistic injury, which is a perceived threat to a narcissist’s self-esteem or self-worth.
- List of film clichés
- The Centipede’s Dilemma
Articulate (Reddit) article
- ELI5: If Sith Apprentices always kill the master and take their position, why do Sith Lords keep taking apprentices and teaching them their ways?
- ELI5: In LOTR, how come Gimli had no idea Balin had been dead for so long when they entered Moria?
- If I steep two tea bags in hot water, rather than one, will there be double the “tea” (and hence caffeine), or is there some sort of saturation point?
- When i cut my finger does it cut the cells, or are they just clumped to different sides?
- What caused all the giant underwater reptiles to die out at the Cretaceous Mass Extinction but not other ocean life?