- A silent version of velcro exists, but it is a guarded military secret.
- a baby elephant will suck it’s trunk like a baby sucks it’s thumb for comfort.
- Mark Twain said of Jane Austen “Every time I read Pride and Prejudice, I want to dig her up and hit her over the skull with her own shin-bone.”
- Neil Armstrong’s astronaut application arrived about a week past the deadline. His friend saw the late arrival of the application and slipped it into the pile before anyone noticed.
- the Big-Bang may actually have been the result of the collapse of 4-dimensional star into a hyper-black hole.
- the Arkansas School for the Deaf’s nickname is the Leopards. The Deaf Leopards.
- Samurai would burn incense in their helmets so their heads would smell sweet if decapitated.
- Lactase Persistence, the ability of humans to digest milk as an adult, is only common among Europeans and those of European ancestry, as a unique mutation. Most of the global population, including 90% of Asians and 100% of Native Americans, have some degree of lactose intolerance.
- Leó Szilárd, physicist directly responsible for the creation of the Manhattan Project, wanted to have a test explosion that could be witnessed by Japanese observers for them to surrender while sparing lives
- Blackjack hall of famers get free room and board at Barona Casino, so long as they promise not to play the blackjack tables.