[Tuesday] – 08.10.2013.
- Two teenagers lured multiple pedophiles online by posing as a 15 year old girl, only to show up at the meeting spot as Batman and the Flash to record them.
- The journalist who wrote CIA contra-crack story died from a suicide (2 gunshots in the head)
- a South African IT company proved that it was faster to send information via carrier pigeon than the country’s leading internet service provider.
- A guy from a Canadian island has sent over 4,000 messages in a bottle and received a response from 3,100 people all over the world
- in 1971, 3 cosmonauts were exposed to space when their module, Soyuz 11, depressurized after separation from the world’s first space station. They are the only men who have died in space.
- The desire to squeeze and hug cute things comes from the same place in your brain as aggression
- A 2009 search for the Loch Ness Monster came up empty. Scientists did find over 100,000 golf balls.
- the almost final words of writer Roald Dahl, were “You know, I’m not frightened. It’s just that I will miss you all so much” to his family. After appearing to fall unconscious the nurse then injected him with morphine to ease his passing and he said his actual last words: “Ow, fuck!”
- a corrupt U.S. immigration official accepted 200 eggrolls in exchange for granting citizenship.
- In 2010 Tokyo officials went to congratulate 110 year old Sogen Kato, Tokyo’s oldest man, and discovered his 30 year old corpse. His family had been collecting his pension to the amount of approximately $109,000.
- in Russia’s Kronotsky Nature Reserve there is a bear population that huffs jet fuel from old barrels until they pass out.