- the Rhinoceros Party was a registered party in Canada led by Cornelius, a rhinoceros, and promised to repeal the law of gravity and change Canada’s currency to bubble gum, so it could be inflated or deflated at will.
- spicy foods make us want alcoholic beverages. Spicy food lovers are also more likely to be alcoholics.
- a man came to own a boat known as ‘Hitler’s Yacht’ and neo-nazi’s offered him $500,000 for it. Instead he gave it away to a Jewish group so that they could sink it and turn it into a reef.
- the handbook issued to US soldiers in Britain during WW2 included the line “he British don’t know how to make a good cup of coffee. You don’t know how to make a good cup of tea. It’s an even swap.”
- even though SONY is known around the world for mostly selling electronics, it’s insurance division is the major source of profit for the company while the electronics divisions is losing money.
- although pancreatic cancer is usually deadly, Steve Jobs had the one variety that’s curable. But for nine months, he refused treatment and instead tried a vegan diet, acupuncture, herbal remedies, psychics, juice fasts, and bowel cleansings. Many experts think it cost him his life.
- Marvel created a superhero who wears a hearing aid after they learned of a boy who refused to wear one because “superheroes don’t wear hearing aids”
- Corgi’s are (still used in some parts of the USA) used to herd cattle as they are too short to be kicked by cows.
- A mentally ill young man who shot himself in the head in a suicide attempt suffered a brain injury that apparently eliminated his phobia of germs and his obsession with washing his hands