- there is a term for the opposite of “ambidextrous”. It’s “ambisinister”, and it means you’re equally shitty with both hands.
- since the 1990s, Carmel, Indiana has been replacing all signaled intersections with roundabouts. Benefits include gas savings of 24k gallons/year per roundabout; construction costs $125,000 less per intersection; injury accidents dropped by 80 percent and total accidents dropped by 40 percent.
- Sesame Street in Nigeria has a version of Cookie Monster named Zobi the Yam Monster. Since not many Nigerian children have access to cookies, the producers decided to give Zobi an insatiable craving for one of the country’s staple foods. He often shouts out, “Me eat yam!”
- it’s only called an acronym when you pronounce the abbreviation as a real word (ex. NASA). Otherwise it is known as an initialism (ex. FBI).
- critic Michael Crowley gave such a poor review of one of author Michael Crichton’s books, that Crichton made a character ‘Mick Crowley’ in his next book, who was a child molester with a small penis.
- a Bristol couple who had trouble selling their house, found out they had an original Banksy on their wall, and received twice the asking price by selling the painting with a house attached.
- penguins covet pebbles, so much so that it leads some penguins to a life of crime
- There are so many different varieties of apples that if you tried a new variety everyday it would take you over 20 YEARS to try them all!
- in 1987 a Chicago tv station had its broadcast interrupted by a pirate signal that showed a man in mask being spanked with a fly swatter. Despite investigations by the FCC and FBI, this became the only known incident in which a hacker interrupted a major tv broadcast without getting caught
Appealing (Android) App