- Bill Cosby’s son was murdered in 1997. His character “Little Bill” was based on his son.
- once the Queen is deemed unfit to serve due to old age or disease, worker bees cluster tightly around her body until she dies from overheating, a process known as “cuddle death.”
- when people are electrocuted and thrown far distances, it is a result of sudden and violent muscle contraction and not the result of the shock. This has raised questions as to the actual strength and capabilities of the muscles in the human body
- adjusted for inflation, the U.S. federal minimum wage has dropped 20% from 1967 to 2010
- a baby red octopus snuck into a tank at Monterey Bay Aquarium while it was the size of a fingernail. It stayed alive by eating local residents, and wasn’t discovered until it had grown to the size of a fist.
- a Japanese soldier who didn’t know a war had ended, hid in a jungle for 29 years killing people, and farmer’s pigs to survive. To get him to stop, his old commanding officer met him and ordered him to surrender.
- Kim Jong-Un became Kim Jong-Il’s heir after his oldest son (Kim Jong-Nam) tried to sneak into Japan so he could go to Disneyland
- during one of his innumerable Presidential affairs, John F. Kennedy tore a groin muscle and had to wear a stiff shoulder-to-groin brace that prevented the reflexive ducking which might have saved him from the second, fatal, assassin’s bullet. (PDF: par 3 pg 5)
- in World war 2 the Dutch army only had one tank available that got stuck in the mud on its way to the border. (Dutch article)