- Noodles, the guitarist for The Offspring, was the janitor for the school the band went to. He was allowed into the band because he was old enough to buy the band alcohol.
- The United States is the only country in the world where property owners own the rights to the underground resources beneath their property
- little boy who played Danny in The Shining, was so guarded by Stanley Kubrick during the filming process that he did not know it was a horror film until many years later. He has since abandoned acting and gone on to become a science teacher.
- We actually live about 80 milliseconds in the past because that’s how long it takes our brains to process information.
- a Fort Worth woman hit a homeless man with her car. His body became lodged in her windshield. She drove home. She repeatedly visited the man in her garage and even apologized for hitting him. He died several hours later. She was tried and convicted for murder, receiving a 50 year sentence.
- the prescription bottles are orange because it restricts the amount of light entering the bottle, and it’s not green or brown because that ruins visibility of the pills.
- the phrase “Give a man a fish, he’ll eat for a day; teach him how to fish, and he’ll eat for a lifetime,” did not come from an ancient Chinese proverb, the Torah, the Bible, or any other such place. It was coined by Anne Isabella Ritchie, the daughter of William Makepeace Thackeray in 1885.
- cretin, the first word used to describe a mental handicap, comes from the French word for Christian
Swede’s wife steps up to the tee and, as she bends over to place her ball, a gust of wind blows her skirt up and reveals her lack of underwear.
“Good Grief, woman! Why aren’t you wearing any skivvies?”, Ole demanded.
“Well, you don’t give me enough housekeeping money to afford any.”
The Swede immediately reaches into his pocket and says, “For the sake of decency, here’s a 50. Go and buy yourself some underwear.”
Next, the Irishman’s wife bends over to set her ball on the tee. Her skirt also blows up to show that she too, is wearing no undies.
“You woman of mine! You’ve no knickers on. Why not?”
She replies, “I can’t afford any on the money you give me.”
Patrick reaches into his pocket and says, “For the sake of decency, here’s a 20. Go and buy yourself some underwear!”
Lastly, the Scotsman’s wife bends over. The wind also takes her skirt over her head to reveal that she too, is naked under it.
“Fur Jake’s sake, Aggie! Where the friggin hell are yer drawers?”
She too explains, “You dinnae give me enough money tae be able tae afford any.”
The Scotsman reaches into his pocket and says, “Well, fur the love ‘o decency, here’s a comb……Tidy yerself up a bit.”