- Sir Ranulph Fiennes, has run 7 marathons, on 7 consecutive days, in 7 continents after a heart attack and bypass operation,. Has hacked off his own frostbitten fingers with a power tool, discovered the lost city of Ubar, & in his sixties reached the peak of Everest.
- The robot cop in futurama is named URL (pronounced Earl)
- during the filming of Django Unchained, Leonardo DiCaprio stopped mid-scene because he was having “a difficult time” using so many racial slurs. Samuel L. Jackson then pulled him aside telling him, “mother fucker, this is just another Tuesday for us.”
- Elmer Fudd initially wanted to shoot Bugs Bunny with a camera. He came to the country to photograph wildlife but Bugs drove him crazy, causing him to jump into a lake and nearly drown. After that Elmer replaced the camera with a rifle…
- in 2012 an image depicting the french revolution in a History finals paper (GSCE equivalent) was deemed suitable, unknowing the examiners and students that in the background was a photoshopped mech warrior.
- NASA wants to make Interstellar travel possible within the next 100 years.
- in 1966, the US Army released a bacterial agent into the New York City subway system to test how vulnerable passengers are to biological agents.
- Elephants are so afraid of bees that the mere sound of buzzing is enough to make an entire herd flee. They have even developed a special rumble just to warn each other if bees are nearby.
- speed is now so important in financial trading that a new $300 million transatlantic cable was laid down in order to shave 5 milliseconds off communications between New York and London.
- Dutch man has the highest average height in the world (6ft1in), while the average mae height in the U.S. is 5ft10in. Reasons include better pre-natal care and a more homogenous population
Gay (as happy) game