- 2,000 year-old seeds were discovered in Israel around 1965 to be held in storage for the next 40 years. After they were planted, a tree that has been extinct for 1,800 years sprouted.
- Pizza Hut began offering online pizza ordering… in 1994.
- Nike released a pair of shoes to commemorate St Patrick’s Day and named them ‘Black and Tans’. Unknowing to Nike the ‘Black and Tans’ were a British paramilitary group that terrorised the Irish, Killing and injuring hundreds of people in Ireland during the 1920’s.
- when accused of influencing a suicide pact by backmasking the words “Do it” in one of their songs, Judas Priest said that if they wanted to insert subliminal commands, they would have preferred to insert the command “buy more of our records”.
- after getting lost in the desert a man tried to kill himself by slitting his wrists, he was so dehydrated his blood clotted the wounds. 9 days later he was rescued 186 miles (299km) away and had lost 40lbs (18kg) living off his urine, bats and snakes.
- the Soviets gave the offspring of one of their space dogs to JFK’s daughter Caroline during the Cold War in 1961, which went on to have pups with an American dog that JFK jokingly dubbed ‘pupniks’
- Jon Bon Jovi has a restaurant that has no prices; guests pay whatever they can or volunteer in exchange for their meal.
- the can opener was invented over 75 years after the invention of the can. Early cans were intended to be opened with a hammer and chisel.