- the remaining members of Monty Python sang “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life” at Graham Chapman’s funeral
- several times in the Batman series, the Joker has become temporarily sane. In these brief moments, he has expressed extreme regret for his actions (Also he has killed over 2,000 people)
- eating meat, in a way, is responsible for us humans having a big brain, and that its hypothesized that if gorillas ate meat too, that after many years, they could be as advanced as we were in more primitive times.
- in 2004 Volvo introduced a concept car that was built for women without a hood and dent-resistant bumpers
- Napoleon liked the painting of Mona Lisa so much that he had it placed on his bedroom walls for several years before returning it to the Louvre.
- in 2013 in America, you are more likely to be killed by a toddler than a terrorist.
- Norway introduced salmon sushi to the Japanese
- in 2006, teenage fans of a popular Portuguese soap opera began experiencing the physical symptoms of a fictional disease that was introduced to the characters on the show. The “outbreak” spread to over 300 people. It is considered an example of mass hysteria.
- The province of Alberta, Canada has border guards dedicated to keeping rats out. They plant poison and dig up individual burrows. The entire province is rat-free, and rats are only allowed in zoos.
- the largest known fossil spider is only about half the size of its modern relatives. (Meaning that the biggest spiders that exist today might be biggest spiders that have ever existed…)
- the Polish government awards a “Medal for Long Marital Life” to couples married longer than 50 years who had at least one child, either their own or adopted.