- there is such a thing as one-way bulletproof glass. This allows you to return fire through the glass while still keeping you protected from the attacker (your shot leaves a bullet-sized hole, but doesn’t compromise the rest of the shield).
- the world’s tallest man, Bao Xishun, used his incredibly long arms (1.06m) to remove plastic from the stomachs of 2 dolphins, which ultimately saved their lives, after trainers tried numerous other methods.
- a Swedish scientist Svante Arrhenius projected in 1897 that burning fossil fuels would lead to global warming and increase of surface temperature between 5 and 6 degrees Centigrade
- Galileo sent two coded message to Keppler, that Saturn has rings, and that Venus has phases (circles the sun, not the earth), which Keppler incorrectly decoded as Mars has two moons and Jupiter has a big red spot. Although not what Galileo had written, both would later be proven true.
- comedian Andy Kaufman once played a show at Carnegie Hall, afterword he loaded the entire audience into twenty four buses and took them all out for milk and cookies.
- in 1908 the Russian team turned up 12 days late to the Olympics because they had yet to start using the Gregorian calendar.
- a font has been created to allow people to read faster, it works by converting the English alphabet into pix-elated-like symbols and then condenses them. This font is called ‘Dotsies’.
- people are using Google Maps to make other people aware of dangerous landmine fields in Kosovo
- A group of High School student from Coronado Ca became the West Costs largest drug smuggling operation in the 70’s and 80’s with the help of their High School Spanish teacher.
- Abe Lincoln once threw a man by the “neck and seat of his pants” for attacking a supporter during his first speech for Illinois General Assembly.