- a teaspoon of honey represents the life work of 12 bees.
- evil clowns can be hired to stalk your child for a week before their birthday…
- Miyamoto Musashi, 17th century Japanese swordsman, twice arrived late to duels and defeated both opponents. Upon his next duel, he arrived early, and ambushed the force that was assembling to ambush him.
- there is a poem in Mandarin Chinese that, when spoken, sounds like the same word being repeated 92 times. It is actually a descriptive story of a man eating stone lions.
- France’s King Louis XIV was offered biological weapons by an Italian chemist. He not only refused, but also paid the chemist an annual salary to never reveal the technology to anyone else
- in 1954, archaeologists excavating an 8th-century Viking settlement in Sweden found a Buddha statuette from India
- Animal Planet made a fake documentary about the existence of mermaids… twice
- Fanta was invented during WWII when Coca-Cola couldn’t import syrup into Nazi Germany due to a trade embargo, so instead invented a new drink, just for Nazi Germany, using only the available ingredients.
- during the Vietnam war, canine units were successful used to track down snipers. The trained dogs could determine the direction of the sound of the bullet, and would lie down with its head pointed at the origin of the gunshot.
- chili peppers evolved to be spicy because heat repels most animals except for birds, which are responsible for spreading their seeds.
- Tsar Bomba, the single most physically powerful device ever used by mankind, caused windowpanes to be partially broken at distances of 900 kilometres (560 mi).
- James Doohan, Star Trek actor, served in the military during D-Day, shooting 2 German snipers and getting shot 6 times himself.
A girl asks her boyfriend to come over Friday night to meet, and have dinner with her parents. Since this is such a big event, the girl announces to her boyfriend that after dinner, she would like to go out and make love for the first time.
The boy is ecstatic, but he has never had sex before, so he takes a trip to the pharmacist to get some condoms. He tells the pharmacist it’s his first time and the pharmacist helps the boy for about an hour. He tells the boy everything there is to know about condoms and sex. At the register, the pharmacist asks the boy how many condoms he’d like to buy, a 3-pack, 10-pack, or family pack. The boy insists on the family pack because he thinks he will be rather busy, it being his first time and all.
That night, the boy shows up at the girl’s parents house and meets his girlfriend at the door. “Oh, I’m so excited for you to meet my parents, come on in!”
The boy goes inside and is taken to the dinner table where the girl’s parents are seated.
The boy quickly offers to say grace and bows his head. A minute passes, and the boy is still deep in prayer, with his head down.
10 minutes pass, and still no movement from the boy.
Finally, after 20 minutes with his head down, the girlfriend leans over and whispers to the boyfriend, “I had no idea you were this religious.”
The boy turns, and whispers back, “I had no idea your father was the pharmacist!”