- Norway has world’s highest gas prices. Though they have oil reserves, they don’t subsidize fuel and use the $ for free college education and national infrastructure
- in 2011, after being nominated for worst company in America again, Comcast tried to get their employees to vote multiple times in an effort to not be the worst company. Before they issued the memo, they had 65% of the vote. After news got out, they had over 83%.
- gay and bisexual men are only 2% of the U.S. population, but account for 63% of new HIV infections
- downtown Milwaukee has a strip club called “Art’s Performing Center” located right next to the “Performing Arts Center”
- there is a fully legitimate German beer named Fucking Hell. It’s named after the Austrian village ‘Fucking’, and the german word ‘hell’, a term used for light ale. Because of this, the name was granted.
- until 1961 it was illegal to attempt suicide in the UK. The punishment was death.
- there’s an African rat that chews poison out of a plant and then licks the poison into its spiky mohawk to use for defense. This poison is also used by tribesmen to take down elephants.
- an iPhone Has about 240,000 times more memory than Voyager 1 which has less than 40KB.
Wicked Wikipedia article
Articulate (Reddit) article
- If the world’s population became completely vegetarian would the amount of farmland decrease or increase?
- Which plant is the most effective at converting CO2 to Oxygen?
- Can creatures that are small see even smaller creatures (ie bacteria) because they are closer in size?