- The four ghosts in Pacman are programmed to act differently: red chases you, pink just tries to position itself in a set way, blue tries to ambush you, orange is random.
- Converse Chuck Taylors have fuzz on the soles so that they can be classified as slippers, which are subject to much lower U.S. import tariffs than sneakers.
- intact steamboat from 1856 was excavated in 1988 under 45 feet of dirt in a farmers field. Thousands of artifacts were excavated and preserved so well that some of the food was still edible.
- in 2006, Fiji water ran an ad saying “The label says Fiji because it’s not bottled in Cleveland”. Cleveland took offense to that and ran some tests – turns out Cleveland’s tap water is better than Fiji’s bottled water.
- there’s an unknown object in the nearby galaxy m82 that started sending out radio waves. The emission doesn’t look like anything seen before
- Target has a doppelganger in Australia called Target Australia. They have the same logo and sell the same merchandise as the American Target Corp yet they are entirely separate and unrelated companies.