- in 1996, snooker player Ronnie O’Sullivan was brought to a disciplinary hearing for saying he played better with his bad hand than his opponent did with his good hand. Using his bad hand, he won 3 straight games against a world-ranked player. The charges were dropped.
- the word ‘sahara’ means ‘desert’ in Arabic, so the Sahara Desert is the ‘desert desert’.
- Sir Terry Pratchett Had His Own Sword Forged Out Of Meteorite When He Was Knighted
- after watching Star Wars, James Cameron decided to quit his job as a truck driver, and entered the film industry.
- in 1998 Venus and Serena Williams challenged any male ranked below 200th in the world. A man ranked 203 promptly beat both of them after playing a round of golf and drinking a six pack of beer.
- in 1976 a film crew went to the haunted house in a California amusement park to shoot footage for a popular tv show. They discovered a hanging body that they thought was a mannequin… turns out it was a real person who had been dead and circulating in various carnivals for over sixty years
- people of the Mongol empire NEVER washed their clothes or themselves because they believed washing would pollute the water and anger the dragons that controlled the water cycle.
Wicked Wikipedia article
Articulate (Reddit) article
- How and when were all the clocks (time) around the world synced?
- Do ants selectively breed aphids or fungi the same way humans do with cattle or crops?