- in the mid-1990s homeless children in Miami developed a vast, elaborate, and consistent mythology that spread by oral tradition throughout the community as a coping mechanism.
- In Switzerland a group of citizens may challenge a law passed by Parliament, if they gather 50,000 signatures against the law within 100 days. A national vote is scheduled where voters decide by a simple majority whether to accept or reject the law.
- Boris Yeltsin, when he was president of Russia, was found by White House secret service drunk and in his underwear on Pennsylvania Ave, trying to hail a cab to get some pizza.
- Natalie Portman skipped the Phantom Menace premier so she could for study her high school finals.
- during the Apollo 11 mission, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin left a small satchel on the moon containing Yuri Gagarin’s medals, to commemorate his achievement of being the first man in space.
- there exist a tree with multi-hued bark, that gives it “rainbow colors”.
- there is a religion called Pikpukism that believes God is an alien software program and that by 2035, human minds will be transferred to computer chips.