- Demetri Martin would play guitar and have music playing in the background of his comedy specials so Comedy Central couldn’t edit his set.
- English words moose, opossum, pecan, raccoon, skunk, and squash all originated from the now-extinct language of the Algonquian people, the native tribe inhabiting the site of the earliest English colony in what is now the US at Roanoke Island.
- it is illegal to homeschool in Germany, and that homeschooled children may be removed from their parents even if these children are found to be well taken care of.
- Jackie Kennedy despised Dr. Martin Luther King for allegedly showing up to JFK’s funeral drunk.
- UK, for economic reasons, sent up to 150,000 poor children to Canada, New Zealand and other parts of the Commonwealth from 1869 to the 1970s, often telling them their parents had died, and telling parents that their children had been placed for adoption elsewhere in the UK
- when Londoner Henry Budd died in 1862, he left his whole estate to his two sons on one condition – that neither of them would grow a moustache
A father buys a lie detector robot that slaps people when they lie.
He decides to test it out at dinner one night. The father asks his son what he did that afternoon.
The son says, “I did some schoolwork.” The robot slaps the son.
The son says, “Ok, Ok. I was at a friend’s house watching movies.”
Dad asks, “What movie did you watch?”
Son says, “Toy Story.” The robot slaps the son.
Son says, “Ok, Ok, we were watching porn.”
Dad says, “What? At your age I didn’t even know what porn was.” The robot slaps the father.
Mom laughs and says, “Well, he certainly is your son.” The robot slaps the mother.
Robot for sale…!